About East West Franchises
East West Franchises is a division of the East West Hospitality Group, a leading restaurant, hotel and retail advisory firm. Based in Hong Kong, our key focus is assisting leading international retail brands in the restaurant and entertainment segments to expand into the Asia Pacific region.
We identify potential partners and investors looking to develop global restaurant and entertainment retail concepts and match them with the brand owners.
The Group’s proven approach to sustainable growth helps brands and investors develop their businesses profitably by starting with a strong store level economic model. We place heavy emphasis on store investments in equal weight to potential store revenues and expenses. Given shorter lease terms & higher tenancy costs in many Asian markets, we understand the need for faster cash returns and high sales to investment ratios.
We also assist both our overseas and local clients with product & equipment sourcing, construction management and consumer insight studies.
Founder / CEO
Joel Silverstein is a long term resident of the Asia Pacific region, and has helped top executives and Fortune 500 companies achieve sustained growth in China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, and numerous other Asian countries. As a former executive in the hospitality industry himself, Silverstein is a frequent contributor to major media outlets on the topics of franchising in China and Southeast Asia, business practices in Asia, and succeeding in turbulent emerging markets. He lives in Hong Kong and travels frequently within the region and to the USA, Europe & Africa.
- Board Member, Red Wok Cuisine JSC, HCMC Vietnam
- Senior Advisor, Golden Gate Restaurant Group, Hanoi Vietnam
- Board Member, Nolboo Co., Ltd., Korea’s largest Korean food franchise chain
- Former CEO of Outback Steakhouse, Asia Pacific, and franchisee of Outback Steakhouse in Japan
- Former Board Member of Boost Juice Pty. LTD, Australia’s largest indigenous food service franchise chain
- Former Board Member of KFC Japan, a $700M publicly-traded Japanese company
- Former Senior Executive with PepsiCo Restaurants (now Yum!), with responsibility for KFC Japan and 600 Pizza Hut units in the United States generating annual revenue of $500 Million
- Built and managed US$200M-$500 Million Asia-Pacific companies
- Senior executive with Black & Decker, B.A.T. Industries plc., PepsiCo Restaurants (KFC, Pizza Hut), DIRECTV International and Outback Steakhouse International (1977-2004)
- Frequent Contributor, Bloomberg TV Asia
- Monthly Contributor, Hotel & Restaurant (largest hospitality industry magazine in Korea)
- 35 years business experience in Asia Pacific, 22 years in residence
- 20 years business experience in quick-service (QSR), casual dining, and franchising
Start your journey today.
Partner with unique brands with our help.
We search the world for brands that consumers are passionate about. Brands with a special edge that resonate with their customers – great design, impactful packaging, superior products, or best in class service. They are innovators and disruptors. The current size of their company is less important than their growth trends. These are the brands of the future creating new categories or innovating in existing ones. Think fried chicken, pizza or fitness are boring categories then think again. Is your market in need of a natural & healthy food brand? How about a London Creperie or a Coffee Bar from Naples? We offer everything from American Craft Beer Taverns to Tuscany Truffle Bars.Schedule a Consultation